Delores Auzenne Dissertation Award
The Delores Auzenne Dissertation Award, named in honor of Delores Auzenne, was established to assist underrepresented doctoral students with little or no funding to complete their dissertations. The program provides funding to Ph.D. candidates in the advanced stages of their dissertations. Students on fellowships or assistantship are not eligible.
The award provides up to $15,000, and up to 5 credit hours of in-state tuition and fees. Successful applicants may receive funds over the course of Summer and the following Fall Semester or Spring Semester and the following Summer.
The application cycle for this award is now closed.
The next application cycle will be announced via the graduate student listserv.
For more information, please contact the Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives by phone: 352-392-6444 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident to apply?
- Yes, applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply.
Will this award cover more than three credits?
- The Auzenne award provides in-state tuition support for a maximum of 2 credits for summer and 3 credits for fall/spring semesters.
Can I have this award with other funding?
- Applicants must not hold any other assistantship/ fellowship/employment.
To what email address do I send my paperwork?
- Applicants can submit completed paperwork via email in a PDF format to email@example.com.
If I have applied for the Graduate School Doctoral Dissertation Award, can I also apply to Dolores Auzenne Dissertation Award and/or the Supplemental Retention Award?
- Yes, you may apply to all the awards listed above, however, you are eligible to accept only one award.
If the supervisory committee chair and the department chair is the same person, can another member of the supervisory committee provide the second letter?
- Yes, if they can speak to your academic progress.
Do I have to be a Minority to apply for this award?
- No. However, the Auzenne award is designed to support dissertation completion of underrepresented minority students.
How should I submit my letters of recommendation?
- Applicants should submit the letters as part of the single PDF application. The professor may also email the recommendation letter directly to the OGDI email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the Delores Auzenne Dissertation Award?
- Applicant must meet all eligibility criteria listed on the application form.
- Applicant must be a member of an underrepresented group.
- Applicant must be actively engaged in the final dissertation writing stage of a Ph.D., with the intention to complete the dissertation within the award period.
How many times can I receive the Auzenne award?
- Students may receive this award once in their academic career.