Finances & Funding → Board of Education (BOE) Summer Fellowship
The Board of Education (BOE) Summer Fellowship is a six week (Summer B) graduate school orientation and preparatory program for PhD students. BOE offers social activities to foster relationships among graduate students in the program, as well as around campus and the community. It is a great networking opportunity for students in a variety of disciplines and departments. Apply now for the best experience of UF graduate education!
The Board of Education (BOE) Summer Fellowship Program welcomes incoming PhD students to graduate education by providing the following:
• Solid support system in the Office of Graduate Minority Programs
• $1500 stipend to help with the transition to Gainesville and moving expenses
• Four credit hours of paid coursework in their respective departments
• Assistance with securing housing for the duration of Summer B
• $100 Gator Dining card for peer mentoring meetings
BOE Student Requirements
To participate in the BOE program, PhD students are required to:
• Complete six hours a week of academic courses on the subjects of Statistics, Research Methods, and Writing. These courses are only offered to BOE PhD students and are not for academic credit.
• Attend weekly Professional Development Workshops every Friday for the duration of the program (Summer B).
• Register and complete 4 credit hours of coursework in their respective department during Summer B.
The BOE Summer Fellowship Program is open to US citizens or permanent residents who are accepted into a UF doctoral program and meet at least one of the following requirements:
• Ethnic or cultural minority
• Low-income status
• First generation college graduate
• Underrepresented in their field of study
The BOE Summer Fellowship Program is scheduled for June 24-August 7, 2015. Temporary housing is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. This housing would be complimentary to BOE Fellows and is located in the Keys Complex (apartment-style) dorms on campus.
The deadline to apply to the Board of Education (BOE) Summer Fellowship is May 1, 2015.
Click here to apply to the BOE Summer Fellowship:
Click here to apply to become a BOE Peer Advisor:
If you have any questions about the BOE Fellowship, please contact:
Dr. Katie Indarawis
Coordinator of Proposals and Professional Advancement
Grinter Hall 115
PO Box 115500
Gainesville, FL 32601