Graduate Education Diversity Champion Award
The Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives (OGDI) and Multicultural Association of Graduate Students (MAGS) are calling for your nominations for the 2020 Champion of Diversity of Graduate Education Award. This award is presented annually to UF faculty who promote diversity and inclusivity in the university environment through their positive interactions with others in graduate education. This award recognizes faculty who have enhanced and contributed to the overall graduate environment by actively and positively promoting diversity, inclusion and cross-cultural understanding.
Full-time faculty members at the University of Florida are eligible for this nomination and must be nominated by a graduate student.
The recipient will have demonstrated their dedication to diversity by one or more of the following:
- Taking a leadership role in positive interactions between persons of different cultural backgrounds
- A demonstrated commitment to inclusion fo members of graduate education at the university from traditionally under-represented groups
- Active involvement in organizations that foster diversity awareness
- Created an inclusive and supportive environment for graduate students
Nominations must be made by an enrolled UF graduate student and submitted by the deadline. Award recipients will be selected by a committee formed by the Multicultural Association of Graduate Students (MAGS). Nominations will be accepted until 5 P.M. on the deadline date (TBD).
Notification of winning nominations will be sent a letter via email. An award will be presented to the winner during Graduate Student Appreciation Week.
Your Nomination Packet must contain the following:
- Completed Nomination Form
- One letter in support of nomination (letter must be from someone other than the nominator)