UF/Santa Fe College Faculty Development Project
The UF/Santa Fe College Faculty Development Project is a partnership between the University of Florida and local Santa Fe College that aims to increase faculty diversity at Santa Fe College while providing doctoral students at UF with valuable teaching experience. Participants teach two courses per year at SFC and assist in its recruitment and retention of minority and underrepresented students. The program provides a stipend of $16,000 for nine months, in-state tuition, and health insurance for fall-spring semesters, with an additional amount supplied by Santa Fe. Participants must have a master’s degree in an approved field and/or have advanced to candidacy.
To be considered for this award, you must complete the UF/SFC Faculty Development Project application and submit it to the Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives at email@example.com. U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, and International Students with a J1 visa are eligible to apply. If selected, you will be required to submit a Santa Fe College Employment application.
All applicants must submit:
- UF/Santa Fe College Faculty Development Project Application.
- The application cycle for this program is currently closed. Please check back later.
- Letter of interest
- First-time applicants: please discuss your interest in the program and how the fellowship could impact your career success
- Returning applicants: please discuss what you gained from your experience teaching at Santa Fe College, why you are requesting continuation in the program, and what your plans are to elevate your teaching and learning skills if awarded the fellowship again
- Updated CV/resume
- Letters of Recommendation
- First-time applicants: three current letters of recommendation that speak to your teaching experience or potential for the same
- Returning applicants: two letters are required; one from your dissertation chair and one from your supervisor at Santa Fe College, in support of your continued participation in the program
- Candidates should be aware that official transcripts will be required before any offer of employment. A background check will be conducted.
For more information, please call or email the Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives:
- Phone: 352-392-6444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org