Medical Withdrawal

Students who need to withdraw from their graduate program for medical reasons must submit the appropriate paperwork through the Dean of Students Office: Medical Withdrawal Process.

Academic units should contact Dr. Judy Traveis, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School (, to discuss this process as soon as they learn that the student might be applying for medical withdrawal.

Graduate assistants enrolled in health insurance through the GatorGradCare plan must contact the Human Resources Benefits Office regarding their health insurance status for the rest of the term in which the medical withdrawal occurs.

Students may e-mail or call (352) 392-0003.