2017 Grants & Fellowship Conference
The UF Graduate School Division of Graduate Student Affairs invites all graduate students and undergraduates entering graduate school to attend the “2017 Grants & Fellowship Conference” on May 4th in the Health Professions, Nursing, and Pharmacy Building (HPNP).
- Welcome and Opening by Dr. R. Paul Duncan, Associate Dean of the Graduate School
9:00 am – 9:30 am, HPNP G-301
Note: this session will start the conference, and give a brief introduction to applying for grants as graduate students.
- National Institutes of Health/Howard Hughes Medical Institute Funding with College of Medicine Associate Dean Dr. Thomas Rowe
9:40 am – 10:30 am, HPNP G-301
- Humanities Funding Opportunities with Humanities and the Public Sphere Acting Director Dr. Sophia Krzys Acord
9:40 am – 10:30 am, HPNP G-301A
- Fulbright Funding Opportunities with UF Honors Program Associate Director Regan Garner
9:40 am – 10:30 am, HPNP G-307
- International Outreach Opportunities with Graduate Outreach Director Dr. Emilia Hodge
9:40 am – 10:30 am, HPNP G-316
Note: this session will cover funding opportunities for international research and teaching experiences outside of the US.
- National Science Foundation - Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant/Graduate Research Fellowship Program with Anthropology Professor Dr. Connie Mulligan
10:40 am – 11:30 am, HPNP G-301
Directions to the HPNP Building: http://phhp.ufl.edu/files/2011/01/HPNP-Building.pdf
If you’re just starting out, grant writing and finding fellowships can be a confusing mess of opportunities. Even if you’ve been at it a while you might not know about all of the opportunities available to you. Don’t miss out on this chance to learn about the basics of the process or specific grants for your field.
To register, log into GIMS and follow the steps below. Register early to guarantee yourself a spot!
- Login to GIMS using your GatorLink ID and Password
- Once you login, on the top of the page click on the “Workshops” tab
- Under “Register” click the box and then “Submit”
- After you complete this process, you will receive an email confirmation.
If your schedule changes and you are unable to attend the event, repeat the steps above to remove yourself from the list of workshop attendees.
Should you have any questions concerning the contents of this email, please email us at email@example.com.